Senior Honors Program
The senior year Honors Program affords highly motivated and qualified students the opportunity to pursue, with faculty guidance, a research project of their own design. The Honors Program culminates in an honors thesis; a substantial work of original scholarship. Prerequisites and requirements for the program are as follows:
- All the requirements of a traditional major in sociology
- Minimum 3.5 GPA in all sociology core curriculum courses
- Declaration of intention to enroll in Senior Honors Program to faculty advisor by the end of the junior year
- At least two 300-level courses in sociology by the end of the junior year.
- Enrollment in the year-long 230.502 Senior Honors Program
- Completion and faculty approval of honors thesis.
For more information on the Senior Honors Program, contact your academic advisor.